Monday, January 16, 2012

Listen to my words...

We visited some friends this weekend, and at one point the other mother and I were cooking breakfast in the kitchen. We conversed about many things and the topic came around to some new ideas in the church that have been floating around and taking root over the past few years. (We were both delighted to find that neither of us were being swayed by the new shiny ideas.) Around this time I noticed my two oldest boys hovering around the stove. I wasn't sure if they were truly that hungry and wanted first dibs at the pancakes, or if they wanted to help us cook. They told me they were interested in our conversation and wanted to listen to the discourse.

Proverbs repeats the phrase, "Son, listen to my words". What a joy to know that my boys moved closer to be able to hear what we were talking about, to glean what they could from our iron sharpening iron. Thank you, Lord, for faithful children that seek to know You more and long for Your teaching.

No comments: