Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Finally at the zoo. (April 19th)

I say finally at the zoo because we drove around for 30 minutes just looking for a spot to park. We had to stalk a couple just coming out of the zoo! After parking and eating lunch and walking to the entrance (which was no small feat considering the distance we were from it), we finally arrived. It was hot, and silly mother put sunscreen on everybody else but herself. I ended up with a nice sunburn. Here are a few pictures from our time at the zoo.
Nicholas in front of the elephants. The peacock feathers were given away due to an unfortunate encounter between a wolf and a peacock. The peacock lost.
Outside with the elephants.
Here would be the entire Dade/Pederson/Huntington group. I won't even begin to name everyone, especially since they are not lined up in nice symmetrical rows. There were 6 adults and 17 children ranging in age from 4 months up to 15 years old. It was a blast! We had strollers and kids everywhere. Not one child was ever misplaced! The kids would be in one stroller, then they would change to another. The little ones would hold hands with someone older, whether from their own family or not. It amazes me how all of the children get along with each other. When we are all together it feels seamless, like one big family, rather than OUR family and YOUR family. It's all one to me. What a blessing to have Seth with us and the Dades with us.
I can't tell which of these bad pictures is better. I am sure my finger was blurring something.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really like Seth's matching purse and hat, it compliments his shorts! Don't you agree?