Monday, March 17, 2008

Long time no post.

I have realized that I may never be a consistent blogger. As desperate as I may try, I seem to find that weeks go by with no new posts. Case in point, it has been 17 days since I last posted! It doesn't seem that long to me, but it has been that long. Sheesh.

As a quick recap of everything we have done in the past two weeks, I can say the words "clean & organize". We are still going through the remaining boxes of "stuff" we have accumulated. We are almost done organizing the boxes that have been brought over to the new house. Vanity of vanity, says the writer of Ecclesiastes. Cleaning and organizing truly is a vanity. By that I mean that we never really come to the end of it. Does anyone ever truly finish their laundry? finish the vacuuming and dusting? finishing washing the dishes? I don't think I will ever come to the end of organizing this house, even if we do finish sorting through boxes. With each trip to the store there are new things to put away and make room for. God has so richly blessed us that we have to organize all that we have. What a glorious thought! Imagine those people that have two or three things, rather than a house full. (Sometimes I think that would make my life easier.) Thank you Lord for the material things that You have blessed us so richly with. May we use all that You have given us for Your glory and may we seek to humbly serve You with all of the blessings You bestow upon us.

On a separate note, we are trying a new method for potty training. We are letting our two year old run buck-naked through the house! (I must say that there is mild anxiety on the part of my husband who just built this gorgeous new house, mostly because of the brand new carpet!) I have heard good things from every person that has tried this before. They say it is the quickest way to get the potty training done. With our PT already in week 2, I am ready for it to be done. I will post our success or failure using this method when such a thing can be determined.

No comments: