Wednesday, March 26, 2008

The morning sounds at our house.

As I sit here wondering what to write to all of you, (I like to imagine that my audience is VERY large) I am listening to the morning noises that are pretty typical for us. There is the clicky-clack of one of our two dryers, most likely from someone's overall buckles. One of our daughters is singing in the bathroom, the dog is barking in the garage, a timer is going off in the kitchen letting us all know that breakfast is but moments away. The fan and the shower are going in one of the bathrooms, our neighbor is outside moving some snow from his driveway and of course, the clicky-clack of the typewriter as I work. Above all of that noise, my 3rd daughter (Sabrina) can be heard talking to her sister. That tiny little girl has a HUGE voice. From the moment she learned to talk, she has been conversing with everyone that gets close to her, and some that aren't so close. She is tiny, but I pray that the Lord would use her mighty voice to accomplish great things.

On another note, my high school is having an all-school reunion in honor of its 30 years in existence. This has caused me to wonder what everyone has been up to since graduation. It has now been 17 years for me and I still keep in touch with some of the people I graduated with. Memories of high school came flooding back and as I shared some with my children, all they could do was laugh in horror/amazement. I even dug out my yearbooks to really reminisce about the "good ol' days". The general consensus among the children was "Mom, you look weird." Oh well. It was the nineties. I think we all looked weird. I have been pondering returning to Bismarck for this reunion. It would be enlightening to see everyone again and I am sure great fun would be had by all. If there are any old classmates out there in cyber-space, let me know if you plan on going.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh! That remindes me, I still have yet to see a certain H.S. picture of you;)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Are you referring to the hippie picture? I'll bring a yearbook on Sunday so we can put an end to all of this..."that reminds me" business.

Anonymous said...

Well it's about time! I've been "reminding" you for quite awhile now. Look'n forward to Sunday;)